In participating in groupH primary research work or in accessing and using groupH’s website you confirm that you have read and understood this Policy and that you consent to the collection and use of your respective personal information and details by us in accordance with this policy. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time please write or email us a soon as possible, at the address set out in section 9 of this Policy.
Any personal data which we collect as part of our primary research work or receive from the submission of details to us by a user on this website will be treated in confidence. We will not disclose any information which we receive to anyone outside of groupH except to a purchaser of all or part of our business, associates working on groupH projects under a confidentiality agreement or as expressly set out in Sections 3, 4 or 5 of this Policy, without obtaining your consent.
2. What we may collect
Data collection will be adequate, relevant and not excessive. We may collect the following information about you:
- IP address of your computer when visiting our website (as recorded by our web server, which is technically unavoidable).
- Name and job title, contact information (including your employer name, your email address and telephone number) and other information supplied to us by you when accepting taking part in one of our market research assignments including your professional specialisation and research focus and postal address.
3. What we do with the information we gather
Personal information provided by you to us and personal information gathered about you by us from your usage of our website may be used by us in the following ways:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use your information to contact you for future primary research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. (If you do not wish us to contact you for these purposes then please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address set out in section 9 of this Policy).
- We may use the information to improve our products and services and therefore provide you with a better service
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We will not use the information for any form of promotion or selling
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of information collected and stored about you, and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data from unauthorised disclosure and/or access including through the use of network and database security measures. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data it collected and stored.
5. Right of access
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), you have the right to request, in writing, access to any personal information or details which we hold on you. We shall comply with your request, in accordance with its obligations under the Act, provided you have paid the necessary access fee and we are satisfied as to your identity. If after accessing such information you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address set out in section 9 of this Policy. We will promptly delete and or correct any information found to be incorrect.
6. Legal obligations
We may have obligations under various pieces of legislation to check the identity of users of our website and in such circumstances we may need to make enquiries and obtain information from you for that purpose. By accessing and using this website you confirm that all information you supply to us will be accurate and you accept and agree that we may pass on such information as it considers necessary to comply with any legal/reporting obligations that we may have from time to time.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Changes to the policy
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st October 2011
9. Further Information
For further information on the policy please contact:
groupH Limited, 7 Mercier Road, London, SW15 2AW, United Kingdom
t: +44 (0)20 8785 4510
f: +44 (0)20 8788 6322