- Client: Global biopharmaceutical company
- Therapy Area: Autoimmune
- Geographical Scope: Global
The Insights Team of a global pharmaceutical company with an asset in early clinical development for an autoimmune indication required a comprehensive market map / situational analysis, based on their existing market information. The document needed to be concise and well-structured to (1) act as a reference document for members of the global Insights Team, (2) provide introductory material for their US and EU affiliates, and (3) be easy to update. We were also tasked with identifying information gaps and drafting critical issues for a new product entering this space.
We kicked-off with a meeting with the client to exchange sources and agree project timelines. groupH produced a straw-man structure of the document, laying out the logical and structured approach the market map. Once this had been populated, based on the multiple primary and secondary sources provided by the client, we synthesized insights and key-takeaways. An initial draft was reviewed with the client and then finalized.
Deliverables that the groupH team produced during the project:
- A concise and well-structured market map / situational analysis, consisting of:
- Disease Characteristics – including epidemiology, patient segmentation, unmet needs
- Diagnosis & Treatment – referral pathway, diagnosis approach, current treatments, goals of treatment, treatment guidelines
- Market Size & Trends – market size, key players, quantified patient cascade / flow, reimbursement landscape
- Future Treatments – clinical pipeline, comparative profiles of emerging therapies, potential fit of emerging therapies into treatment algorithm
- Key USA vs. EU differences between guidelines, treatment practice, stakeholder behaviour and reimbursement landscape were highlighted
- Information gaps were identified
- Critical issues / key questions for a new product entering this space were drafted
- We also produced US and EU5 country-level reports, to be used as ‘disease education’ with the marketing companies / country affiliates.
We consolidated thinking built up over multiple primary and secondary projects into a single set of messages that the Insights Team could use. The project built the foundation work for characterising the opportunity for a new biologic therapy in the autoimmune indication, by describing the ideal patient profile, and potential penetration within different patient groups. The critical issues identified were used to inform the client’s future primary research activities. The groupH team also produced individual country-specific analysis cuts that could be used in Disease Education with marketing affiliates.