- Client: Global biopharmaceutical company
- Therapy Area: Oncology
- Geographical Scope: Global
The Breast Cancer Team at a global biopharmaceutical company wished to assess competitor strategies in the HER2- HR+ breast cancer market, and determine implications for their own programs. The HER2- HR+ market is becoming increasingly competitive with new & existing entrants targeting different market positions. Therefore, understanding the competitor strengths & weaknesses and the likely evolution of their strategy was vital for determining the optimal clinical and commercial strategy for our client’s developmental program.
We kicked-off with a meeting with the client team to review their latest market information and competitor assessments, discuss the challenges and opportunities they envisaged in the market, and refine the issues and themes to be explored during the workshop. groupH also conducted interviews with key internal stakeholders across a variety of functions (medical, clinical operations, market insights, competitive intelligence, market access, regulatory) to further explore these issues and gather a broad range of input ahead of the workshop.
groupH conducted detailed competitor analysis, building profiles of current and emerging products, analysing their clinical development programs, and outlining the possible future positioning in the treatment algorithm. We prepared a briefing pack that provided a market overview, and outlined key clinical trials, SWOTs, and market issues for each competitor product.
We then designed and facilitated a 1-day workshop for the cross functional team. During the workshop, the teams started by role-playing 3 leading competitors and assessing their strategy and how they could react to the launch of our client’s product. We spent the afternoon identifying challenges and opportunities for our client’s product that could arise from the possible competitor activities and developing action plans against the top priority challenges and opportunities.
Deliverables that the groupH team produced during the project:
- A comprehensive backgrounder and competitor analysis
- A structured approach to analysing the market issues and likely evolution of the treatment landscape
- A workshop process that was customised to the market dynamic and project goals
- The workshop built alignment across the cross functional teams, building a shared understanding of the emerging market environment
- Positioning options for the client’s product
- A clear action plan that addressed the leading challenges and opportunities.
The outcome of our work allowed the client to better understand the fit of their product into the future HER2- HR+ breast cancer treatment landscape, and develop clinical and commercial strategy.