We kicked-off with a workshop to capture existing thinking and identify gaps and questions. We then went back to our desks to source secondary research to develop a thorough overview of the market and competitor landscape. We built on this ground work with qualitative research with Therapeutic Area Experts and payers discussing more in detail the merits of proposed TPP, trial design and place in therapy. We included regional Payer Advisory Boards which the client enjoyed participating as they provided a first-hand insight into Payers’ issues and needs.
Ultimately, we delivered clear and quantified commercial recommendations including:
- We validated the TPP by confirming that the initial indications were the right ones to prioritise. We also identified the need to consider additional indications
- We gave clear direction on likely pricing and identified the potential to command an enhanced price with refined positioning and by providing more payer relevant clinical data from more targeted trials
- We identified reimbursement models likely to be acceptable to payers to inform the client’s pricing and reimbursement strategy and expectations
- We exposed issues with the planned trial design and made recommendations to refine it to be more aligned with both payer and physician needs
- We developed a detailed financial forecast including peak sales, cost assumptions and NPV model development.